- Focus of the Biotechnology Department at Thapar University is primarily to excel both in academics and research in the frontier areas of modern biotechnology and related fields. The focus of these academic programs is to provide excellent environment and state-of-the-art infrastructure for hands on training with industrial training.
- The potentials in Biotechnology were further recognized by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and under Mission Reach, TIFAC-CORE (Centre of Relevance and Excellence) in Agro and Industrial Biotechnology was set up in the year 2000 and STEP (Science and Technology Entrepreneur’s Park) in microbial and food technology was set up in 2005 by NSTEDB, which provides extensive support to research, human resource development and offers new opportunities to students for skill development and promotion of entrepreneurship and new start ups from amongst the students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductory Mathematics
- Computer Programming
- Applied Physics
- Professional Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology View 5 other Masters in Biology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational subject OR Minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST candidates) marks in a Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration.
- has appeared in JEE (Main)-2019.
- possesses a good moral character.
- is a citizen of India.
International1639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1639 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National1639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1639 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
117100 Indian Rupee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.