Computer science and engineering
At the undergraduate level, the Computer science and engineering programme offered by Thapar University lays emphasis on Software Engineering, Algorithm Analysis and Design, Operating Systems, Computer Graphics, Database and information Systems Engineering and Networking Technologies. The Department provides exposure to emerging technologies as well as futuristic technologies like High Performance Computing, Computer Animation and Gaming, Machine Learning and Data Analytics, Information and Cyber Security and Software Engineering.
The key research areas of the Department are in the field of Cloud computing, Theoretical computer science, Data mining, Information systems, Software engineering and Computer networking.
The focus of the department is on state of the art projects done by our BE and ME students, excellent teaching learning process, better alumni relations, good industry attachment program through project semester and outcome based education.
- Young, motivated and dedicated faculty with a good ratio of faculty with PhD Degree.
- Many faculty members have gone abroad for presenting their research work in highly reputed conferences and workshops.
- Many faculty members have certifications in cutting edge technology areas of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department has produced 90 PhDs in niche areas of Computer Engineering including Machine Learning, Data Mining and Cloud Computing
- Department produces excellent quality PG Thesis by ensuring quality through Plagiarism tools and mandatory quality publications
- Extensive student engagement framework through regular interactions, Annual Educational Tours, regular feedback mechanism, Professional Chapters and Societies
- Research Seminar on latest topics by experts/researchers and academicians
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Chemistry
- Computer Programming
- Electrical Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Cyber Security Software Engineering View 4 other Masters in Cyber Security in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational subject OR Minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST candidates) marks in a Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration.
- has appeared in JEE (Main)-2019.
- possesses a good moral character.
- is a citizen of India.
International1639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1639 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National1639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1639 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
117100 Indian Rupee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.