The curriculum of the Politics and Public Administration (Honours) programme of Open University of Hong Kong guides students to develop knowledge and skills in the study of political science and public administration. Specifically, the curriculum aims to equip students with an in-depth knowledge of politics and public administration; to arouse their interest in studying global and public problems and issues pertinent to the management of the government; to familiarize them with the knowledge and skills of conducting research within the discipline; and to analyze public problems of the world and their society. Politics and public administration graduates will be capable to further study or pursue a career in a wide range of fields, especially in the public sector.
Career and Further Studies
Politics and public administration graduates will be capable to further study or pursue a career in a wide range of fields, especially in the public sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Social Sciences: Political Science
- Comparative Politics
- Public Administration
- Contemporary Chinese Politics
- Applied Economics in Public Policy Analysis
- Chinese Foreign Policy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Administration Political Science View 5 other Bachelors in Political Science in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) qualifications are required to obtain Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, as well as Level 2 or above in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and an elective subject (or equivalent).
- Applicants with local academic qualifications other than HKDSE are required to:
- Complete Year 1 study of a recognized Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programme; or
- Obtain Grade E or above in AS Chinese Language & Culture4 and Use of English, and 2 AL / 1 AL plus 2 AS / 4 AS subjects in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (or equivalent).
- Applicants with non-local academic qualifications are required to obtain:
- Grade E or above in 2 AL / 1AL plus 2 AS subjects5 in the General Certificate of Education AL / International AL; or
- An overall minimum score of 24 in the International Baccalaureate Diploma; or
- Other equivalent overseas academic qualifications (as determined by the University).
International10983 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10983 USD per year during 48 months.
National8448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8448 USD per year during 48 months.
- National: 65,480 HKD per year
- International: 85,124 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.