Full-time Face-to-Face: Two-Year Top-up Degree Programme for AD/HD Graduates
The Life Sciences (Honours) programme of the Open University of Hong Kong aims to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the theories, practices, and research methodologies in life sciences and to prepare students to be a competent and successful practitioner in life sciences disciplines after graduation.
Summer Professional Training and Workplace Attachment
Students will receive additional training in the summer term through a series of workshops, seminars, visits, and workplace attachment with the aim to develop students’ understanding on the nature, environment, culture, career opportunities, and the attributes and skill-sets needed in various life sciences sectors.
Graduates will find career opportunities in a broad range of life sciences and related fields, including services and research & development in biomedical or clinical laboratories, biotechnology (M industries, medical and health product management, managerial work in public or private biological and chemical organizations and institutes, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Physiology
- Biochemical and DNA Technology
- Microbiology and Toxicology
- Theory and Practical Skills in Ecology
- Animal and Plant Physiology
- Conservation and Biodiversity
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 13 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Holders of a Higher Diploma, Associate Degree, or equivalent in relevant science disciplines
- Applicants with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) qualifications are required to obtain Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, as well as Level 2 or above in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and an elective subject (or equivalent).
- Applicants with local academic qualifications other than HKDSE are required to:
- Complete Year 1 study of a recognized Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programme; or
- Obtain Grade E or above in AS Chinese Language & Culture and Use of English, and 2 AL / 1 AL plus 2 AS / 4 AS subjects in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (or equivalent).
- Applicants with non-local academic qualifications are required to obtain:
- Grade E or above in 2 AL / 1AL plus 2 AS subjects5 in the General Certificate of Education AL / International AL; or
- An overall minimum score of 24 in the International Baccalaureate Diploma
International13408 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13408 USD per year during 48 months.
National13408 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13408 USD per year during 48 months.
- 103,920 HKD per year (both national & international students)
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.