The Business Management (Honours) programme of the Open University of Hong Kong offers students the opportunity to specialize in some of the key areas of business management such as human resource management, international business management, marketing, and supply chain management. It is further designed to equip you with the sound analytical skills needed to respond to a changing environment, as well as interpersonal and business management skills to ensure that theories are put into practice.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILO)
- Explain and critically review business theories and concepts to identify issues, analyse situations, and develop solutions for multi-faceted problems in organisational settings.
- Critically evaluate issues and make informed judgements in view of the organisation’s strategies as well as ethical considerations.
- Make contributions as a leader and member in a team setting and communicate effectively.
- Command knowledge of the practices and activities of different aspects of management.
- Integrate and apply advanced analytical skills to address issues and make business and management decisions related to complex situations.
- Assimilate and synthesise new knowledge in different aspects of management, apply it to solve problems related to management, and develop practical recommendations.
Graduates can seek employment in various for profit and not-for profit organizations as entry level professionals and managers.
Opportunities are available for the graduates of this programme to postgraduate studies in Hong Kong and abroad. Some students will continue to study for a Master of Business Administration or other master degrees in business-related areas such as accounting, human resource management, corporate governance or electronic commerce.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integrated Business Foundation
- Integrated Business Functions
- Finance for Managers
- Services Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- International Business Environment
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 36 other Bachelors in Business Administration in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) qualifications are required to obtain Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, as well as Level 2 or above in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and an elective subject (or equivalent).
- Applicants with local academic qualifications other than HKDSE are required to:
- Complete Year 1 study of a recognized Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programme; or
- Obtain Grade E or above in AS Chinese Language & Culture4 and Use of English, and 2 AL / 1 AL plus 2 AS / 4 AS subjects in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (or equivalent).
- Applicants with non-local academic qualifications are required to obtain:
- Grade E or above in 2 AL / 1AL plus 2 AS subjects5 in the General Certificate of Education AL / International AL; or
- An overall minimum score of 24 in the International Baccalaureate Diploma; or
- Other equivalent overseas academic qualifications (as determined by the University).
International10983 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10983 USD per year during 48 months.
National8448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8448 USD per year during 48 months.
- National: 65,480 HKD per year
- International: 85,124 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.