The Digital Games (Bachelor's program) offered by TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences) is a full-time program that lasts seven semesters and is divided into three specialization tracks: Game Arts, Game Design, and Game Programming. During the first two semesters students receive general training in all three areas. From the third semester onwards, each student focuses on the specialization of their choice. Along with the practical and project-based modules, the students acquire the theoretical grounds necessary for the critical examination of video games.
Students in the Digital Games B. A. program have to decide for a specialization track that will determine their future path in game design and development. While in the first year of studies all students will be introduced to the basics of each field of focus, the specializations offer advanced studies in one of the tracks from the second year on until graduation.
internal accreditation based on system accredited standards, until Sep 30, 2026
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- At CGL our understanding of research includes classic theoretical and applied studies (R&D) as well as scientific publications and public events. Our field of expertise includes game-based learning, transformative game design, location-based gaming, augmented reality, games & health and transmedia storytelling.
- As part of our long-term research projects and annual events, we are constantly looking for collaborative and project-oriented research opportunities that address special interests.
– Game design
– Audiovisual design
– Programming and technology
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia View 4 other Bachelors in Video Games & Multimedia in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Uni-assist application form
- Officially certified copy of your secondary-school diploma and – if applicable – your university entrance exam from your home country
- If applicable: officially certified copies of all passed university examinations and/or your university diploma from your home country
- If you have graduated from a Studienkolleg: officially certified copy of you university entrance examination (Feststellungsprüfungszeugnis)
- Applicants from China, Mongolia and Vietnam: original copy of your APS certificate
- Passport photo
- Copy of your passport pages containing personal information
- Proof of payment of the processing fee to uni-assist
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 42 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 42 months.
There are no tuition fees, however TH Koeln charges a general fee of approximately 265 EUR per semester.
Living costs for Köln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.