The Undergraduate Degree in Product Design - IED Barcelona at Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED) offers a formative path that teaches students to comprehend and anticipate the demands of the market, by negotiating with business intentions and translating them into a properly defined project that can be manufactured. It emphasizes the importance of the concept, in order to predict consumption trends and styles, based on an understanding of the demands of the market and social needs.
The course also gives the students a knowledge of production materials and technology so that they can bring their projects to life. In addition to a theoretical understanding of the project, the students focus on analysing technologies, function, ergonomics and usability.
- Self-employed designers, design departments, marketing, colour&trim or innovation for companies and design, engineering and architecture studios
- Product Manager for companies working on innovation and strategy
- Creative and art director in advertising agencies, research departments in companies and institutions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project Foundation
- Representation Techniques
- Project Communication
- Science Applied To Design
- Colour And Form
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 11 other Bachelors in Design in Spain
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Personal Information section, fill in and sign the Pre-Enrolment Form and send it to the school together with the required documents, listed in the admission procedure including evidence of the knowledge of the course language according to the chosen program. IED will check your dossier and make you start the admission process.
- After receiving all the required documents, IED evaluate them and, if necessary, schedule an admission interview on Skype, according to your availability.
- Have correctly filled out and uploaded the required documents on their personal area.
- Pass the Official Admission Test in out seat (July or September) – Official Undergraduate Degree only.
- Special requirements:
- Submitt a portfolio for BA (Hons) in Fashion Design and Diploma IED in Creative Advertising and Branding;
- Submit an essay and a motivational letter for the BA (Hons) in Fashion Marketing and Communication and Diploma IED in Business Design.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA14600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
IED offers 182 Scholarships for Undergraduate courses in Italy and Spain
IED Network offers 182 scholarships for its Undergraduate courses held in Italy and Spain.
IED Italia and Accademia di Belle Arti Aldo Galli offer 152 scholarships for courses held in Milan, Cagliari,Florence, Rome, Turin and in Accademia di Belle Arti Aldo Galli in Como. Deadline to apply May 5th 2022.
IED Spain offers 30 scholarships for courses held in Madrid, Barcelona and Bilbao. Deadline to apply April 5th 2022.
IED is an international education network with a 100% Italian DNA that, since 1966, has been training andresearching in the disciplines of Design, Fashion, Visual Arts, Communication and Management of thecreative industry.
How to participateParticipation is subject to the registration on IED website
- Read carefully Regulations and Briefing
- Choose the course you want to apply for and register
Learn how to apply for Undergraduate courses scholarships: https://www.ied.edu/uncategorized/blog/undergraduate-scholarship-competition/22194
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.