The BA program in English Language and Literature at Birzeit University offers a range of courses in linguistic analysis, literary criticism, and studies of various genres of writing, while interrogating power dynamics underlying the processes of writing and reading. The program provides the tools necessary for a disciplinary study of English language and literature and encourages the development of a skeptical stance and outlook on the world that recognizes the provisional nature of knowledge.
Many of our graduates are successfully employed in the educational sector and in research institutes. The critical and analytical skills our program provides has enabled our graduates to pursue higher education in degrees as varied as English and Comparative Literature, Theoretical and Applied Linguistics, Education, Gender Studies, Law, and International Relations. Our students also find career opportunities as translators, writers, editors, in addition to work in government, business, and NGOs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- English Grammar
- Functional Phonetics
- Introduction To Literature
- English Literature 2
- Criticism: Theory And Practice
- Phonology And Morphology
- Interactive English
- Modern Poetry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 11 other Bachelors in Language Studies in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of secondary schooling in the country where the student obtained an education
- Pass in six subjects, one of which is High Level and five of which are Standard/Subsidiary Level
- Obtaining a minimum total of 21 points out of 42 points
- Pass points in the High Level are 3-7 and in the Subsidiary Level 2-7 (if a student sits or two subjects or more in the High Level, the additional subject is considered as Subsidiary in the calculation of points and the basis of pass.)
International59 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59 USD per year during 48 months.
National59 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.