Examine the essentials of theoretical computer science and their mathematical foundations.
You will have the option of undertaking a 1-year work placement or study abroad between 2nd and 3rd year (subject to availability).
Why choose this degree?
Acquire hands-on programming skills, advanced problem-solving techniques, and learning to think logically and analytically when approaching complex problems developing your creativity and communication skills.
Study Philosophy (seeking to understand and analyse human knowledge and thinking) and advanced mathematics.
The Department of Computer Science at Maynooth University was founded in 1987 and is located in the Eolas Building, a €20M state-of-the-art ICT hub, which opened in 2015. Our new laboratories and equipment provide excellent facilities for practical work and all our courses include a mix of lectures and lab work.
The Computational Thinking degree from Maynooth University has been specifically designed to answer calls from industry for graduates with strong analytical competence, problemsolving skills and the ability to think critically. Graduates will enjoy outstanding career prospects across a range of areas such as software development and analysis, mathematical and financial modelling, bioinformatics, cryptography and security.
Postgraduate study options currently include:
- MSc Geocomputation, MSc
- Computer Science (Software Engineering), PhD Computer
- Science (Research), MSc in Data Science and Analytics, PhD
- Statistics/Data Science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Science
- Abstract Algebra
- Finite Mathematics
- Euclidean Geometry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Computer Sciences Human Computer Interaction View 86 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum standard in order to be eligible for consideration for admission is specified for Level 8 in each country section (see EU & EFTA Qualifications link above). In all cases proof of English proficiency is required. In addition there are specific subject requirements for most courses
- Only subjects which are normally recognised for purposes of admission to Irish Higher Education Institutions will be considered. In general, vocational subjects will not be considered for Level 8 courses.
- DARE: The Disability Access Route to Education is a third level alternative admissions scheme for school-leavers whose disabilities have had a negative impact on their second level education.
- HEAR: The Higher Education Access Route is a third level admissions scheme for school leavers from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4317 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4317 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.