Throughout the Popular Music Performance (Hons) programme at Solent University you’ll be supported to develop a wide range of musical skills alongside academic, research and critical-thinking proficiencies that are relevant to many different careers.
The course features extensive study of the music industries including copyright, contract law and career pathways. You’ll also be encouraged to develop transferable skills in research, IT, presentation, teamwork, creative thinking, communication and project management.
The curriculum is taught by a highly experienced course team, many of whom are active industry experts with professional experience in performance, studio and live sound, electronic sound design and the business and culture of music production. The team’s industry links also enable a handpicked selection of students to record at the world-renowned Abbey Road Studios.
Students from Solent’s music performance programme will be well prepared for a wide range of graduate level employment opportunities. Suitable roles for graduates include:
- Music performer
- Session musician
- Arts administrator
- Music technician
- Music entrepreneur
- Music teacher
- Postgraduate study
- Individual Performance
- Live Performance
- Creative Music Industries
- Recital and Instrumental Skills
- Studio Performance
- Theory and Listening Skills
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 158 other Bachelors in Music History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 96 - 112 UCAS tariff points from A-levels or equivalent
- A minimum of two completed A-levels, a BTEC Extended Diploma at MMM or BTEC Diploma at DM or equivalent qualification, or a combination of qualifications which comply with the minimum entry requirement of 96 UCAS points.
- UK applicants will be asked to attend an audition.
- Applicants resident outside the UK will be interviewed by video call or telephone and may be asked to send an electronic audition.
- Direct entry into years two or three may be considered for this course.
International13800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13800 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.