The Musical Theatre (Hons) programme at Solent University gives you the opportunity to develop your skills in related areas – such as directing, theatre in education and theatre and well-being, as well as engaging in extended dance, vocal or instrumental training.
In the final year, you have the opportunity to participate in a performance showcase, providing the perfect opportunity to present yourself to the industry and develop professional networks that will help launch your career in the performing arts.
Graduates could go on to do postgraduate training in acting and various practical skills at other training institutions. They could pursue master's degrees in areas of specialisation such as musical theatre, music theatre, acting, directing, creative writing, applied theatre and drama-therapy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Broadway Musical
- Body and Voice
- Acting in Musicals
- The West End Musical
- Directed Musical Theatre Production
- Musical Theatre Styles
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 345 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 96 - 112 UCAS tariff points from A-levels or equivalent
- A minimum of two completed A-levels, a BTEC Extended Diploma at MMM or BTEC Diploma at DM or equivalent qualification, or a combination of qualifications which comply with the minimum entry requirement of 96 UCAS points.
- UK applicants are required to attend an audition – applicants will be required to prepare one contemporary monologue and a song from a piece of musical theatre. They should also be prepared to learn/follow an unprepared dance routine.
- Applicants from outside the UK will be required to send electronic auditions.
- Direct entry into the second or third years may be considered for this course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13800 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.