You’ll graduate ready to make a real difference to people’s lives.
This BSc Public Sociology (Hons) at the Queen Margaret University encourages rigorous critical thinking on complex and challenging social issues, opening the door to a wide range of careers. This is the first undergraduate public sociology degree in Scotland, in a university ranked top in Scotland for Sociology in the Guardian University League Table 2019. You will have an opportunity to study abroad.
You’ll change. You’ll grow. You’ll graduate with a wide range of knowledge, skills and aptitudes. You’ll also have a richly developed sense of social responsibility and – hopefully – a burning desire to make a powerful, positive change to the world around you. Previous graduates are now shaking things up in social and community work, consumer and social research, public policy development, teaching, academia, marketing and human resource management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Academia & the Sociological Imagination
- Foundations of Psychology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Diversity, Identity & Wellbeing
- Social Inquiry – Philosophy & Design
- Social & Developmental Psychology
- Psychological Literacy
- Production & Consumption of Culture
- Engaged Sociology
Methods of Investigation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 697 other Bachelors in Sociology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scottish Higher: BBCC
- A Level: CCD
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H3 H3 H3 H3
- International Baccalaureate: 26 points
- Required Subjects: Maths and Eng at S/ Int2/N5/GCSE level
- Mature/Access: Access to Humanities/ Arts/ Social Sciences. We welcome applications from mature students with relevant qualifications and /or experience.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 36 months.
RUK FT fees: 9,250 GBP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.