As a nurse, you will be at the forefront of healthcare meeting a broad range of people who truly need your expertise and empathy. Nurses are involved in promoting health and preventing illness in addition to caring for sick and dying people.
This can take place in a variety of environments which include health centres, homes and homely settings and hospitals. A career in nursing can take you into leadership and management, education, research both at home and overseas. Wherever you choose to specialise in future, as a nurse you will be an advocate for the people in your care. You will make a difference.The BSc Nursing (Hons) course is offered at the Queen Margaret University.
- Your theoretical learning will be complemented by practical experience gained in a variety of clinical settings, and practice in our purpose-built Clinical Simulation Suite on campus.
- Small classes mean you’ll benefit more personal support from our highly experienced programme team.
- We are ranked 3rd in Scotland and 4th in the UK for Nursing in the Guardian University League Table 2019.
This programme will give you the confidence and expertise you need to succeed in the field of nursing that you choose. Your professional prospects will be excellent. Our graduates are now working in acute medical and surgical areas, oncology, haematology, critical care, research, care of older people and rehabilitation, both in the UK and overseas.
Many have moved outside the traditional idea of a uniformed nurse in a hospital to forge careers in the community, the forces and post-graduate studies.
- Caring in Professional Contexts
- Academic Enquiry
- Skills and Practice
- Applied Science
- Interprofessional Education
- Learning to Assess and Care for Ill Adults
- Caring For The Adult With Complex Healthcare Needs
- Applied Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 511 other Bachelors in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scottish Higher: BBBB
- A Level: BCC
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H2 H2 H3 H3
- International Baccalaureate: 30 points
- Required Subjects: All combinations of qualifications must include Biology or Human Biology at Higher or A Level (Chemistry, Physics may also be considered) and either English, or a suitably discursive subject such as Philosophy, History, Modern Studies or Religious and Moral Education. You should also have Maths and English at Intermediate 2 (B) or National 5 (B) if not studied at Higher level.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
RUK (FT)+: £9250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.