To know and be able to understand the Hotel Management area, and be on the cutting edge in some Hotel Management domains; know how to apply the acquired knowledge in order to display a professional approach to the work developed in this vocational area; ability to solve problems in this area, as well as create and support arguments; ability to gather, select and interpret relevant information, particularly in the study area, enabling the student to support the proffered solutions and reasoning, including in this analysis the relevant social, scientific and ethical aspects; skills which will enable the student to communicate information, problems and solutions, to a specialist and non-specialist audience; learning skills which will allow them to learn autonomously.
The Hotel Management programme of The Polytechnic of Guarda provides access to obtaining the professional license of the Hotel Manager, from which you can perform the following functions:
- Director of Hotel
- Director of accommodation
- Head of Reception
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Sales and Marketing Director
- Sales promoter
- Responsible for animation
- Quality manager
- Event Planner, among others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Kitchen Service and Operations
- Restaurant Service and Operations
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Organization Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Hospitality Management View 6 other Masters in Business Administration in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission Exams, one of the following: Economics, Math, Portuguese
- Minimum grades, Application score: 95 points
- Regional preference, vacancy percentage: 30
- Area of Influence: Aveiro, Castelo Branco, Coimbra, Guarda, Porto, Vila Real, Viseu
- Other Preferential Admissions
- Vacancy percentage: 20
Degrees with preferential admission:
- Kitchen (INFTUR)
- Hotel Accommodations (INFTUR)
- Tourism (INFTUR)
- Restaurant/Bar (INFTUR)
- Food quality control technician
- Kitchen/pastry and ice-cream technician
- Business administration technician
- Management technician
- Hotel/ Reception and Customer service technician
- Hotel/ Restaurant, organization and control technician
- Commercial services technician
- Management Assistant
Living costs for Guarda
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.