New, fresh and continuously developing, our graduates have a fantastic opportunity to become a part of the story of shaping this dynamic sector.
The BA (Hons) Adventure Tourism Management from The University of the Highlands and Islands focuses on tourism and business practices within the adventure sector, applied in the context of essential practical and professional skills for leadership and safety. Customers expect great service and a safe experience that will satisfy their dreams of adventure and adventure travel: you will learn the skills and knowledge to deliver and manage this, with a critical understanding of the ethical and professional values required.
- Access to outstanding adventure facilities set amongst some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK
- Receive tailored outdoor-activity skill development and professional NGB training and assessment with the School of Adventure Studies' 'practical credits system': continuous professional skills development throughout your degree and beyond
- Be part of a vibrant and active student community of outdoor enthusiasts based in Fort William – within the Outdoor Capital of the UK
- Critical perspectives of adventure
- Emergent tourism trends
- Inclusive adventure
- You will also complete a dissertation or research and plan a new business venture
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Sports Sciences Tourism & Leisure View 180 other Bachelors in Tourism & Leisure in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 Scottish Highers at grade C or above OR
- 2 A levels at grade C or above
- You will also be expected to be able to demonstrate an interest in, and a commitment to, practical outdoor activities, and preferably have an interest in a professional career in the outdoor sector
- Personal practical outdoor experience is advantageous but not essential
- Applicants with other relevant qualifications and/or experience will be considered on an individual basis
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a PVG Disclosure Check and become PVG Scheme Members in order to undertake this course
International12360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12360 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Eu: £1,820
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.