In the Adventure Performance and Coaching programme from The University of the Highlands and Islands you will combine the skills and knowledge of the applied sports scientist with those of a modern adventure professional in ever-changing outdoor environments, preparing you to coach and guide the next generation of adventure athletes and participants who demand greater outcomes in their adventure sport.
Be part of a rapidly evolving sector, where the demand for healthy active lifestyles has brought about a drive for greater achievements in adventure sports and for the life-enhancing benefits of participation. With over 21 Olympic adventure sports disciplines, adventure sports performance and competition is a global phenomenon, and participants are demanding higher outcomes in their chosen areas, informed by expert coaches and leaders.
- Access to outstanding adventure facilities set amongst some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK
- Receive tailored outdoor-activity skill development and professional NGB training and assessment with the School of Adventure Studies' 'practical credits system': continuous professional skills development throughout your degree and beyond
- Be part of a vibrant and active student community of outdoor enthusiasts based in Fort William – within the Outdoor Capital of the UK
- Adventure psychology: skills and behaviours
- Advanced applications of coaching and instruction
- Inclusive adventure
- You will also complete a dissertation (sport)
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Coaching View 113 other Bachelors in Coaching in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 Scottish Highers at grade C or above OR
- 2 A levels at grade C or above
- You will also be expected to be able to demonstrate an interest in, and a commitment to, practical outdoor activities, and preferably have an interest in a professional career in the outdoor sector
- Personal practical outdoor experience is advantageous but not essential
- Applicants with other relevant qualifications and/or experience will be considered on an individual basis
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a PVG Disclosure Check and become PVG Scheme Members in order to undertake this course
International12360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12360 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.