The Social Work Program at Cyprus International University aims to train students at the individual, group, and community level as experts, with the competence and knowledge to help solve problems related to the social environment.
- Graduates of the program can find employment opportunities in a wide range of institutions and organizations. Social workers can work as planners, managers, researchers and practitioners in social service units of the state, local governments, and non-governmental organizations.
- Being knowledgeable about the structure and problems of the society they live in, they can contribute to the determination and planning of social policies.
- They can also work for child protective agencies, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, state units such as the Ministry of Health, Justice, or Labor, as well as Education and Social Security, or in industrial relations.
- Social Politics
- Social Research
- Social Psychology
- Social Anthropology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form
- Higher/Secondary Certificate or equivalents (e.g. O/A’Level, WAEC/NECO)
- Evidence of English Language competence: TOEFL (65 IBT) or IELTS (5.5). Students without these documents will take the CIU English proficiency exam on campus following arrival.
- Scanned copy of international passport/birth certificate
- Fully completed and signed CIU Rules and Regulations document (which can be downloaded during the online application)
International4747 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4747 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4747 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4747 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.