The wonderful thing about history is that when you study it, you are always studying something else! Historians study politics and government; diplomacy and international relations; science and technology; finance and economics; religion and philosophy; literature and arts; patterns of cultural exchange and change; even archeology, anthropology, evolutionary psychology, and genetics.
The History program of the Istanbul Bilgi University is designed to help you explore your existing interests and discover new ones. History is a dynamic discipline that enables you to see and understand how the minute details fit within larger frames of reference. Studying history provides you with the information and skills you need to think critically and creatively about a range of important issues. After you complete your bachelor’s degree in our program, you will be well prepared to handle the intellectual challenges of further academic study or the complexity of life in the professional world.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
After completing their degrees, our graduates will easily be able to complete the requirements of master’s degrees in history, academic subjects, and areas of professional expertise. Most of our graduates, who venture beyond the disciplinary boundaries of history, continue their careers in fields like sociology, VCD, cultural studies, graphic design, law, and business management. Our graduates who choose to begin working upon the completion of their undergraduate studies usually work in media related jobs, like publishing, editing, translating, advertising, cultural management, and tourism. Some of our graduates also go on to work with various national and international NGOs.
Graduates of the programs will be able to:
- Be aware of the historiography and its branches (social, economic, political, cultural, and intellectual history) based on a primary knowledge of natural sciences, archeology, and anthropology.
- Have knowledge of history and related disciplines (such as world religions, architecture, philosophy, music, literature, and fine arts) and connect these disciplines to historiography.
- State the theories of historiography and their relationship to one another, define the differences among them, use basic theoretical information in a critical way.
- Read and critically engage scholarly literature in both English and Turkish. (“European Language Portfolio Global Scale”, Level C1).
- Use Ottoman Turkish as a research language and also be able to use a second language of modern scholarship at an intermediate level.
- Use information technologies and computer software at a level of academic proficiency (“European Computer Driving License”, Advanced Level).
- Achieve a basic level of literacy in statistics and numeracy.
- Apply the information and skills gained to one’s professional and daily life with a sense of social responsibility.
- Use the gained knowledge in work and daily life with a sense of social responsibility.
- Use the needed databases, to be able to use e books and e journals, to be able to use internet efficiently and consciously.
- Plan and apply a research project, both individually and as a part of a team.
- Use a second foreign language at an intermediate level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global History I: Cultural Encounters from Antiquity to the 20th Century
- History and Historiography
- History of Turkish Revolution
- Global History II: Cultural Encounters from Antiquity to the 20th Century
- Early Ottoman History
- European Economic History
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 3 other Bachelors in Ancient History in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The applicant should fill in the online application form (a hardcopy can be obtained by email upon request)
- The applicant should upload required documents to the online application form.
- Photocopy of high school diploma (with the official transcript)
- All High school Transcripts/Grades (last 4 high school years)
- Passport photocopy
- 2 photographs
- Blue Card and Certificate of Identity Register Copy
- If available, a record of scores for one English Language Competency Examinations (for example TOEFL or Cambridge Certificate)
International8100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 USD per year during 48 months.
National8100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.