The International Business Administration programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is multi-disciplinary, which means you’ll study everything from management and organisation to cross-cultural marketing, and from information technology to international strategy.
And you’ll get to work with real businesses – in IBA, companies meet classrooms to give you practical experience that will set you up for a career in international business.The first half of the IBA programme allows you to explore a broad range of business disciplines, while the second half is about making choices and deciding what your future holds. Along the way, you’ll acquire research and analytical skills, as well as learning to deal with real-world business problems.
Why International Business Administration at VU Amsterdam?
- Unlike traditional Business Administration, IBA will give you a truly international training – our courses are customised for the international market.
- VU Amsterdam organises Business Experience Days, during which companies are invited to give presentations, workshops and masterclasses (and to recruit their new hires!)
- The university’s top-class career services offer events, internships, workshops and career coaching.
- Not only do you benefit from an exchange abroad; you’ll also work in real cross-cultural teams with students from all over the world.
- VU Amsterdam offers you the opportunity to make your own decisions and choices.
- VU Amsterdam is a campus university, which means students actively participate and spend time together – both during the programme and in their free time.
Many IBA graduates end up at international corporations or even go on to become entrepreneurs and run their own start-ups. Lots of our students find work abroad, for obvious reasons, and fields include business analytics, supply chain management, marketing, financial management and policymaking.
A Bachelor’s degree in IBA will give you any number of employable qualities, including critical thinking, research skills, self-awareness, social/professional skills, and the ability to make the link between theory and practice.
Join VU Amsterdam for an online Taster Day! During this event, you will get a taste of what life is like as a student at our university. You will get to know one specific Bachelor's programme and find out what you can expect in terms of the content. There is also an opportunity to meet students who are currently following the programme.
On-demand Bachelor’s day
Did you miss the Online Bachelor's Day on February 6? With a My Study Choice account, you can get access to the open day platform from February and view the various study programme videos!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Mathematics
- People in Business and Society
- Tutor Programme IBA
- Research Participation
- Organization Theory
- Economics for the Global Era
- Academic Skills
- Business Statistics
- Global Supply Chain Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Numerus Fixus: 15 January
- Non-EU/EEA students: 1 April
- National students, EU/EEA students and students who do not need a study visa/residence permit through VU Amsterdam: 1 May
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business View 54 other Masters in International Business in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A diploma equivalent to the Dutch pre-university VWO diploma
- Proof of sufficient proficiency in English
- Proof of sufficient proficiency in Mathematics
International8870 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8870 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.