The first course of its kind, this specialist degree will equip you with the skills to have a real impact on improving health and wellbeing in today’s society.
- Prepare for a professional career in the wider exercise and health sector
- Choose an innovative programme with a distinctive multidisciplinary approach
- Enjoy unique work placement opportunities and build your network of contacts with our partner, the Derby City Move More Consortium, as well as many more local organisations, such as Disability Opportunities in Sport UK who run specialised basketball classes for individuals with varied disabilities classes for individuals with learning disabilities and mental wellbeing
- Gain practical experience working in different settings and with different clients
- Strengthen your CV by achieving additional qualifications: level 2 gym instructor qualification and level 3 personal trainer qualification
This course has been designed and developed in collaboration with Derby City Council to provide you with the holistic skills you need for a career in all aspects of health and exercise promotion.
The Physical Activity, Nutrition and Health (Hons) course from University of Derby is designed to make you highly employable. You will graduate with the applied experience, knowledge and professionalism you need for a variety of careers related to community development, nutrition and healthy eating promotion, health improvement, exercise referral and lifestyle management. Along with your subject-specific knowledge, you’ll graduate with a wide range of transferable skills – such as communication, problem-solving, research and presentation skills – which will stand you in good stead wherever your career takes you.
You could secure employment with a wide range of organisations including the NHS, local councils and public health agencies. With postgraduate teacher training, there are opportunities to go into educational careers too.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Nutrition and Metabolism for Sport and Exercise
- Physical Activity and Health
- Research Methods for Sport and Exercise
- Professional Placement 2
- Lifestyle and Behaviour Change
- Nutrition for Public Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 135 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points - 120 (up to 16 from AS-levels)
- Specific requirements at GCSE - GCSE Maths and English Grade C/Grade 4 (or above) or equivalent qualification
Alternative entry qualifications:
- BTEC - DDM
- Access to HE Diploma - 60 credits: 45 at level 3 with a minimum of Dist: 15 Merit: 24 Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Part-time UK students - £1,155 per module
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.