If you’d like to make a genuine and lasting difference to children’s lives, the Early Childhood Studies (Hons) programme from University of Derby is an excellent foundation for vital roles in health, education and social care.
- Gain the ideal introduction to a fulfilling career: statistics show that 98.2% of our graduates are in work or further study within six months of completing this course
- Explore how children develop, learn and think from birth to eight years, building the professional skills and knowledge to meet their needs
- Enjoy valuable practical experience with young children by undertaking a work placement for one or two days each week
- Broaden your horizons with the chance to go on a four-week international placement at a school in Milan
- Benefit from the expertise of a committed multi-disciplinary academic team who will ensure your learning is relevant, up to date and meets the highest professional standards
- If you complete this course and meet the entry requirements for PGCE Primary, we will guarantee you an interview - see below for full details
This degree is your chance to shape and influence many young lives. Early childhood roles are a rapidly growing area of employment in the UK – opening doors to stimulating careers in the independent, private, public or voluntary sectors.
Well qualified and dedicated early childhood professionals are in demand across health, education and social care settings. Our graduates are now enjoying successful careers as early years practitioners and managers. You’ll also find there are ample opportunities for promotion and progression to leadership positions in children’s services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Early Emotional and Social Development
- Early Language and Communication
- Play and Creativity
- Self-Management and Study Skills
- The Emerging Practitioner
- The Growing Child
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Early Childhood Education Childhood Studies View 116 other Bachelors in Childhood Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 104-112
- A Level BBC-BCC
- BTEC DMM
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 with a minimum of Distinction: 15, Merit: 24, Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Part time UK students £1,155 per 20 credit module
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.