Computer games represents one of the world’s largest and fastest growing entertainment industries, where specialists with the right mix of technical skills and artistic flair are in high demand.
- Build the skills and knowledge you need to apply for an exciting range of specialised 3D art roles
- Learn how to use Maya, Photoshop, Substance, Unreal Engine 4 and ZBrush as your core set of tools
- Spend an optional year on industrial placement as part of your studies – a great experience which really sets you apart in the job market
- Benefit from the expertise of our teaching team which includes industry professionals
The computer games industry needs specialists with a powerful combination of skills so this degree makes you highly employable.
Having completed the programme, you will be capable of creating and animating 3D art in a real-time environment using the very latest techniques. You will also be able to demonstrate your flair and originality to prospective employers.
In addition, you will discover that the skills you have developed can be transferred to a range of different industries such as film and visualisation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Real Time Environment Development
- Applied Game Art Production
- Specialist 3D Project
- 3D Animation for Games
- 3D Digital Sculpture
- 3D Rigging Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Video Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences View 823 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points - 120 (up to 16 from AS-levels)
- Specific requirements at GCSE - GCSE Maths and English Grade C/Grade 4 (or above) or equivalent qualification
Alternative entry qualifications:
- BTEC - DDM
- Access to HE Diploma - 60 credits: 45 at level 3 with a minimum of Dist: 15 Merit: 24 Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14045 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.