*This programme profile is financed by Dora Plus Action 4: Marketing of study and employment opportunities in Estonia (European Regional Development Fund).
Bachelor of Business Administration is a 3-year full-time programme preparing students for successful entry to the international or local labour market and further studies. The programme aims to develop a thorough understanding of an enterprise and its environment. It covers all significant areas of business administration: business law, management, economic policy, accounting, finance, marketing, ethics, human resources, global economy, innovation and research methods.
Why study Business Administration at the University of Tartu ?
- The University of Tartu belongs to the top 1.2% of the world's universities (300th position in the QS World University Rankings 2022).
- The University of Tartu is ranked in the top 250 universities globally in business and economics.
- Extensive practical learning includes internships, company visits, lectures by top industry specialists, business events, and even developing your own company with the help of the University of Tartu sTARTUp Lab.
- A business degree gives you the foundation to take your career anywhere.
- Studies cover all significant areas of business administration, ranging from marketing to finance.
- Study in the University of Tartu Delta Centre, which brings together a vibrant community of students, researchers and innovators in computer science, business and economics, mathematics and statistics.
After graduation, the students have a wide range of possible career choices and opportunities. Thousands of School of Economics and Business Administration graduates work successfully in private businesses, hold influential positions in public companies and institutions, or have continued in academic careers worldwide, incl. many outstanding business and political leaders, notably, Mr Siim Kallas, former Vice-President of the European Commission.
After completing the BBA degree, there are also opportunities to continue at the master's level at the University of Tartu.
University of Tartu Institutional Accreditation 2015-2022: The Quality Assessment Council for Higher Education of the Estonian Quality Agency for Higher and Vocational Education decided to accredit the University of Tartu for seven years.
The next accreditation will be conducted in 2022.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The curriculum consists of:
- compulsory subjects (156 ECTS)
- electives (12 ECTS)
- optional subjects (12 ECTS)
- base subjects (48 ECTS): Fundamentals of Business (24 ECTS) and Economics Methodology (24 ECTS)
- narrow field subjects (48 ECTS): Business Environment (24 ECTS) and Management (24 ECTS)
- speciality modules (48 ECTS): Finance and Accounting (24 ECTS) and Marketing and Management (24 ECTS)
- graduation thesis or exam (12 ECTS)
Examples of courses:
- Business Communication
- Quantitative Methods in Economics
- Global Economy
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour
We welcome all students with interest in business administration and all related fields.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Entrepreneurship Management Studies
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Tartu and/or in Estonia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Secondary education
- Higher/senior secondary school result in Mathematics
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3800 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3800 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Tartu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Tuition waivers are available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.