By integrating, political science, public policy, IR and project management, the Political Science and World Politics programme at HSE University focuses on the following key subjects: political systems in the world, global economy, relations between states and other international actors, global policy and decision-making.
Starting in the programme’s second year, students have an opportunity to study a second language (Сhinese, French, German, Portuguese or Russian) and focus on a specific region: Europe, BRICS countries or Post-Soviet Space. Our graduates work in a diverse array of fields: regional and municipal government, diplomatic missions, chambers of commerce, NGOs, international event-management organizations, and much more.
Our graduates typically continue their studies upon graduation, and enroll in various prestigious MA programmes, both in political science and international relations, and in a number of adjacent academic areas. The knowledge and skills provided within the BA programme suffice for an informed and unrestricted choice of future career, but they also allow for shaping an ongoing educational trajectory even in new fields of study.
Among the universalities our graduates choose to proceed with their MA studies are the University of Tartu (Estonia), the Central European University in Budapest (Hungary), the Radbound University (the Netherlands), the University of Glasgow and Cardiff University in the United Kingdom. In Russia these include the European University in St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg State University, the HSE in Moscow, Moscow State University and others.
Upon the completion of the MA studies some of our graduates decide to pursue their academic career, thus, enrolling in the PhD programmes at the Central European University in Budapest (Hungary), the European University Institute in Florence (Italy), the European University in St. Petersburg, the HSE, and others.
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- The History of Political Thought
- Categories of Political Science
- Qualitative Methods in Political Research
- International Law
- World Politics and International Relations
- Research Seminar
- Basics of Programming in Python
- Political Geography
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory International Business Political Science View 6 other Bachelors in International Business in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- International admission provides opportunity for any international applicant to enrol to a self-funded place and to compete for the HSE Gold Scholarship or HSE Top Applicant Scholarship.
- admission tests can be taken online or in traditional paper-based in-person form
- admission tests to English-taught programmes can be taken in Russian or in English language upon applicant’s choice
- relevant and valid scores of the Russian Common State Examination (ЕГЭ) can be accepted in lieu of admission tests
- applicants with high scores for admission tests may be awarded with the HSE Top Scholarship providing up to 50% discount off the tuition fee
- applicants with the top scores for admission tests may compete to be nominated for the HSE Gold Scholarship that provides full tuition fee waiver and a monthly scholarship
- within international admission international applicants compete with other international applicants only, not with Russian applicants
International1337 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1337 EUR per year during 48 months.
117 000 – 390 000 RUB/year
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.