Why choose this Computer Science (Hons) (Online) course?
- You can study when and where you want, fitting in with your other commitments such as work or family
- Study at a highly-regarded, well established computer science department with excellent facilities, strong links to both business and research, and a track record of graduate success.
- BSc (Hons) Information Technology also available to study online.
What's the course about?
Our online computer science and information technology courses are very similar to our campus- based degrees, and the academic standards required are just as high. However, they give you the flexibility to study from wherever you like and to fit learning around other commitments. The Computer Science (Hons) (Online) programme of the University of Hertfordshire gives you a broad range of skills and knowledge in core areas including foundations of computation, programming, multimedia, networks, databases, operating systems and software engineering. Information technology includes many aspects of computer science, but with more focus on the computer technology needs of people and organisations.
What will I study?
With online study, you study at your own choice of time and place, saving on travel and accommodation costs and fitting in with your other commitments.
Our programmes at University of Hertfordshire begin on specific dates, you study as a small group, there are deadlines for coursework assignments and online tests with a fixed 24-hour period to take them in. This way you combine the flexibility of distance learning with the self-discipline and community spirit of conventional tuition. Our students come from all over the world so you will have a great opportunity to gain first-hand experience of global networking.
With online study, you use the Internet for learning: to access course information, to communicate with others, and to transmit completed assignments for marking. We take advantage of online technologies to provide faster and more effective communication and to deliver much richer learning materials than is normally possible with other forms of distance learning.
This means that wherever you are in the world, providing you have access to a suitable PC and Internet connection, you can study for a University of Hertfordshire award without attending the University in person.
What's next for my career?
Our graduates have gone on to become software developers, business analysts, database administrators, network designers, technical consultants, programmers, web developers, project managers and software engineers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Operating Systems and Computer Networks
- Programming, Algorithms & Data Structures
- Software Development Exercise
- Contemporary Issues
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 24 other Masters in Software Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 104 UCAS points.
- IB - 104 from a minimum of 2 HL subjects at H4 or above (with the remaining points to come from a combination of HL, SL and Core).
- GCSE Maths and English Language at grade 4 (C) or above.
- BTEC and Access to HE Diploma accepted.
- Mature students who do not have the formal qualifications, but who have a firm background in computing, will also be considered for entry to the programme. Professional references and a personal statement will be required to determine suitability.
- For students whose first language is not English, competence in English must be demonstrated through an overall IELTS score of 6.0, or equivalent qualification.
- Access to computer equipment.
International6240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6240 GBP per year and a duration of 72 months.
National6240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6240 GBP per year and a duration of 72 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.