You’ll tackle diverse questions, from how the climate is likely to change in the future to the impact of building housing estates in river catchments. At the same time, you’ll study the origins of rocks and minerals, the evolution of life on earth, volcanism, geological mapping and the use of geological natural resources.
Our graduates are in demand for both their specialist and transferable skills. You’ll build skills in presenting your ideas in reports and orally, in data collection, presentation and analysis, and in the investigation and computer simulation of environmental processes.
In the School of Geography we take your future very seriously and know that employability is uppermost in many students’ minds. If you choose to study geography at Leeds, you can be confident that you’re not only joining a university whose graduates are targeted by top employers, but that as geography graduates, your employment opportunities couldn’t be more exciting and wide-ranging.
We structure this programme to ensure you develop the key transferable skills sought by graduate recruiters, skills such as: team-working, commercial awareness, report-writing, fluency in oral communication and presentation, numerical analysis, IT expertise and investigative skills.
Geography-Geology graduates are highly regarded by employers for their teamwork, problem solving, IT and data handling and manipulation skills. They find jobs across a range of sectors including environmental regulation, environmental consultancy, mineral exploration, engineering geology, and the hydrocarbon/petroleum industry.
Students on Geography and Geology degree from University of Leeds have progressed into:
- land and water management, public utilities, conservation;
- environmental monitoring, consultancy, remediation and protection;
- Engineering geology, hydrographic surveying;
- government, civil service roles and NGOs;
- financial: banking, insurance, accountancy, auditing;
- vocational Masters courses, PhD study, teacher training/conservation courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data analysis and physical geography tutorials
- The Rock Cycle
- Earth Through Time
- 3D Earth
- Dynamic Landscapes
- Living Planet
- Environmental Change: Past and Future
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 412 other Bachelors in Geography in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level: AAB including a science and preferably Geography
- If Geography is not included, we would expect two science A-levels from Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Maths and Physics. We do not accept General Studies and Critical Thinking.
- GCSE: English and Mathematics at grade C (4) or above, or an equivalent English language and Mathematics qualification.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.