Mechanical engineers creatively solve future engineering problems by developing new and improving existing technologies used in medical, healthcare, sports and leisure, transporting and other industries. It is an area of science in which the progress of global economic development and future industrial prospects depend.
KTU’s Mechanical Engineering bachelor’s study programme covers the analysis of different materials and technologies used in industry, the fundamentals of machine design and product development. Its graduates will have competences and skills to develop equipment, components and systems of mechanical nature while using contemporary CAD/CAE systems. These studies have a twin programme option within the ECIU network.
In 2018, KTU BSc Mechanical Engineering study programme was awarded Investor’s Spotlight quality label, established by Investor’s Forum together with the agency Invest Lithuania. Investor’s Spotlight is awarded to those study programmes which best meet the expectations of the business and industry.
According to their interests, the students of the BSc Mechanical Engineering study programme may choose among the following alternatives:
- Expanding knowledge in the field of mechanical engineering
- Development of competencies in practical engineering activities through one- or two-semester placements at engineering enterprises
- International semester at partner European universities
What will you study?
- Materials: strength, rigidity, stability
- Equipment: design, functioning, dynamics, powers
- Products: development, aesthetics, efficiency
- Measurements: system, methods, principles
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Drawing
- Information Technologies for Engineers
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Theoretical Mechanics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 5 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a senior high school diploma with a good average grade (min. CGPA >60 %,
- maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible,
- minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject: final exam of Mathematics and Physics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3426 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3426 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3426 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3426 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Partial tuition fee waivers (up to 50%) are available for all the students, depending on their chosen study programme and their admission score.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.