The European Law and Governance Studies program offered by the ELGS - European Law and Governance School provides students a comprehensive understanding of the world of law and of contemporary governance, with a focus on the European Union.
Moreover, this program will grant students the opportunity to develop critical skills and valuable professional experience that will prepare them for life after graduation.
This pioneering program fills a gap in education about the EU, its laws, and how it is governed by providing students with a unique interdisciplinary background that will allow them to comprehend its complex reality and interrelated aspects.
This program enables students to better understand the current context, framework and long-term objectives of the EU in its mission for the full integration of member states, and also enables students a great degree of flexibility, mobility and personalization of their studies. Through the many partnerships of the ELGS, or by the Master path of the ELGS students can further specialize in any of the specific subject areas of the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Skills Course: Research, Writing and Presentations
- History of Modern and Contemporary Europe
- Legal Systems and Legal Reasoning
- EU: Institutions, Governance and Basic Principles
- International Relations
- Comparative Federalism
- Western Political Thought
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEuropean Law European Studies Political Science
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prospective students for the BA in European Law and Governance Studies in who have completed their high school studies with top honors in one of the EU Member States and meet requirements to apply to university in their home country are invited to apply. Additionally, students holding an internationally recognized high school degree (ex. International Baccalaureate) that have received top honors are invited to apply.
- Students having completed their high school studies at an institution based in a country outside of the EU that have participated in a program that is not recognized internationally, are also invited to apply, but they may be requested to submit additional documents upon the decision of the Faculty Board.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency, C
- Other internationally recognized tests with equivalent marks may be accepted, upon decision of the Faculty Board
International9900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9900 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9900 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.