The Mechatronics programme of Fontys University of Applied Sciences is a combination of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and computer science. In this program, you are a thinker and a doer. You find out how to make your devices safer and easier to use. And of course: you design them! Think of an automated car wash, a production robot or in healthcare a wheelchair or robot arm replacement. Mechatronics has become an indispensable worling field. We teach you the theory and practical knowledge and learn you to be a specialist in systematic design techniques including the control of robotic products and machinery.
From design to making a robot: the bachelor program Mechatronics has a focus on robotics and control technology.
What will you do at Mechatronics?
1st year of study (propaedeutic phase)
Already in the first year, you start putting theoretical knowledge into practice by running projects. In order to realize a product, for example a robot, you combine Mechatronics related subjects like:
- Mechatronic design
- Electrical networks
- Digital design
- Integrated design techniques
- General engineering skills
- Communication and presentation techniques
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intro to C Programming
- Generic Mechatronics skills
- Management Game/IOT1
- Digital Fundamentals
- Static Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- If you arrange your own accomodation apply by 15 August
- If you want accomodation from the university - 15 June
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For students with the Dutch nationality (with the Dutch secondary school diploma): MBO-4-, HAVO- or VWO-diploma with mathematics and physics..
- For students of other nationalities, who followed the British curriculum, the minimum requirements are: BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with mathematics and physics or General Certicificate of Secondary Education in 4 subjects with marks ranging from A-C, plus a General Certicificate of Education with 2 subjects at Advanced Subisidiary level. Mathematics and physics. Must be taken at Advanced Subsidiary level.
- For students who are in posession of an International Baccalaureate diploma (with mathematics and physics): we accept both SL and HL results.
International10140 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10140 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2143 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.