The Economics in English course offered by Charles University which is organized by Study Centre Poděbrady offers all international students who plan to study in English – Medicine, Dentistry, Economy, Physiotherapy or Engineering at any Faculty in the Czech Republic thorough and intensive preparatory training.
It is aimed at the following objectives:
- To maximize the student's chance of entering the Faculty of his/her interest by teaching him/her the subjects whose knowledge is a prerequisite for passing the entrance exam. Note that the entrance exam assumes the knowledge of biology, chemistry, math (for engineering students only), physics, English language at the level achieved after completion of Czech secondary (high) school. Therefore, the course synchronizes the level of achieved secondary education with the one required for successful studying at the Faculties.
- To give the student essential basics in the Czech language; successful communication in this language is required for practical training in hospital during medical studies in the Czech Republic.
- To improve the student's command of English, and thereby boost the efficiency of his/her studies. Native speakers will have additional Czech language lessons instead.
- To help the student in adaptation to the Czech life-style as well as in settling of all the necessary papers, permissions and other official documents required by the Czech administrative and legal bodies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course is organized in such a way to reflect the typical academic year at any given faculty. The course is therefore divided into two terms:
- The winter term which begins at the end of September and finishes at the end of January.
- The summer term which begins in February and finishes at the end of May.
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 12 other programmes in Language Studies in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- validated reports of study from each academic year of secondary study
- validated copy of the final examination certificate
- a full description of all taught subjects – number of hours must be included (weekly)
- validated Czech or English translation of all above mentioned certificates (reason – Czech Educational Office requires all documents in Czech therefore the Czech translation is needed).
All documents must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country you studied or by a notary of this country and the Czech Embassy/Consulate.
International6340 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6340 EUR for the full programme during 9 months.
EU/EEA6340 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6340 EUR for the full programme during 9 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.