After finishing your Pharmacy (Hons) degree from The University Of Nottingham Malaysia, you must spend a salaried year in pharmacy practice and this could potentially take place in the UK, Malaysia or other countries. You will then be required to pass the relevant accrediting body’s registration exam before registering as a pharmacist.
The first two years of the modular pharmacy course will be taught at the Malaysia Campus and will involve the development of core pharmacy skills and knowledge. You will then transfer to the UK for the final two years of study and learn more about the clinical and legal aspects of the pharmacy profession. In your third year, you will have the opportunity to be involved in pharmaceutical research by working under the supervision of a member of academic staff.
Our MPharm programme is your passport to a pharmacy career in many countries around the world. Graduates of the 2+2 MPharm can be found working as community and hospital pharmacists in the UK and Malaysia.
The industrial sector allows pharmacists to work in clinical trials, drug discovery and development, marketing, product registration and quality assurance. Numerous pharmacists are employed in the regulation of medicines. MPharm graduates may also pursue careers in academia or as medical journalists or scientific writers.
Programme StructureModules included:
- Bacterial and Fungal Infections
- Being a Pharmacist
- Essential Skills for Pharmacists
- Professional Competencies 1
- Asthma, Allergies and Immune Diseases
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Human Medicine Pharmacy View 34 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level: ABB in biology, chemistry and physics/mathematics
- IB Diploma: 32 points with 6, 5, 5 at Higher Level including biology and chemistry, plus 3 other subjects (including 4 points in physics) at Standard Level.
- STPM: AB+B+ in chemistry, biology and physics/mathematics, excluding Pengajian Am.
- UEC: 3 As, including biology and chemistry, plus grade B3 in mathematics and physics, excluding Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese language.
- SAM or other Australian matriculations: ATAR 89, including biology, chemistry and physics/mathematics. Applicants must have at least grade B in Chemistry.
- Canadian Ontario Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma (OSSD): 81% average based on 6 subjects with biology, chemistry and physics/mathematics above 80%.
International12359 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12359 EUR per year during 48 months.
National10533 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10533 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Malaysian – RM50,200/year
- Non-Malaysian – RM58,900/year
- Malaysian and Non-Malaysian - Fees in GBP 25,000/year for years 3 and 4.
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.