Faculty members have diverse interests and areas of expertise, covering reflexive cultural theories, digital humanities, Marxist or postcolonial theories, Hong Kong studies and Great China studies. They provide a challenging bilingual education to enable students to engage in analysis of culture and society, to be aware of the complex interplay between the self, society and history, to be sensitive to the diversity of perspectives, and to open themselves intellectually to the changing conditions of life in the contemporary world.
Cultural Studies (Honours) students from Lingnan University acquire skills in critical writing, analysis and judgment, and a capacity for cultural engagement, planning and management.
Ready for diverse career pathways
The Cultural Studies (Honours) programme from Lingnan University equips students with skills and cultural knowledge relevant to the global changes taking place in the age of information. It prepares them for a wide range of careers in the
- community service,
- cultural tourism,
- the performance and arts sector,
- cultural administration,
- government, and
- Perspectives in Cultural Studies
- Methods in Cultural Research
- Culture and the Modern World
- Critical Writing Workshop
- Curating Digital Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Liberal Arts View 11 other Bachelors in Liberal Arts in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Lingnan University and/or in Hong Kong (SAR), please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- a degree or a sub-degree awarded by a recognised post-secondary institution;
- Grade E or above in both Advanced Supplementary (AS) Level Use of English (UE) and Chinese Language and Culture (CLC); PLUS Grade E or above in two Advanced Level (AL) subjects OR Grade E or above in one AL subject and in two AS Level subjects other than UE and CLC in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE); or
- other acceptable non-local qualifications.
International17842 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17842 USD per year during 48 months.
National5365 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5365 USD per year during 48 months.
- International: HK$140,000
- Local: HK$42,100
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.