As Hong Kong continues to evolve as a service- and knowledge-based economy, individuals with a thorough understanding of history have come to play an ever more important role. For instance, graduates of the programme have found meaningful employment in such wide-ranging fields as government, business, the media and education.
That’s because Lingnan history graduates develop the ability to think critically, conduct in-depth research, analyse problems, organise materials, and communicate effectively. They are trained in a way that encourages flexibility, and this ability to adapt to the future with an eye on the past ensures they are well positioned as prospective employees in the Hong Kong job market.
Research and projects strength and Career opportunities
Students of the History (Honours) degree from Lingnan University have the opportunity to learn first-hand from experienced scholars and renowned historians who lead those research projects. They may also be invited to work as research assistants for the University’s Hong Kong and South China Historical Research Programme. Its mission is to develop a research network to learn more about such things as the oral history known to residents of Tseung Kwan O, local stories about the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals, and similar tales from other districts. The programme is an important asset for the study of Hong Kong history and the community as a whole.
- Historical Ideas and Methods
- Historical Research and Writing
- History of China in the Twentieth Century
- Ancient Civilisations
- Senior Research Seminar
- History of Hong Kong from 1941
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Modern History View 10 other Bachelors in History in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Lingnan University and/or in Hong Kong (SAR), please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- a degree or a sub-degree awarded by a recognised post-secondary institution;
- Grade E or above in both Advanced Supplementary (AS) Level Use of English (UE) and Chinese Language and Culture (CLC); PLUS Grade E or above in two Advanced Level (AL) subjects OR Grade E or above in one AL subject and in two AS Level subjects other than UE and CLC in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE); or
- other acceptable non-local qualifications.
International17842 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17842 USD per year during 48 months.
National5365 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5365 USD per year during 48 months.
- International: HK$140,000
- Local: HK$42,100
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.