We strongly encourage our students to be committed to the foundations and principles of contemporary educational and professional practices. Aligned with this vision, we prepare our students to be fully equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge for the dynamic interaction between education and technology.
To this end, we aim to foster their educational growth and promote lifelong learning, so that they can follow day-to-day educational practices and lead their communities for improvement and positive change in national and international platforms.
Our English Language Teaching program at the MEF University is designed upon the University within School Model which blends and shapes experiences of educational researchers, pre-service teachers and schools through nuanced understandings of an array of factors. It is based on the values and foundations of contemporary and social constructivist teacher education that focuses on bridging teaching theories and praxis. In this respect, the students are involved in activities in real educational settings in compliance with their curriculum starting from year 1.
During their 3rd year, our students begin their intensive practicum experience which lasts until their graduation. In the 3rd year, they attend their practicum schools for 2,5 days a week focusing on teacher and classroom observation, writing reflective reports, assisting their mentor teachers and carrying out several micro and macro teaching events in their classroom.
- Graduates of our program have a wide range of career opportunities.
- While they can work in primary, secondary and high schools, preparatory schools of universities, public and private institutions and vocational schools for adults, they can also choose to work as research assistants in the English and language teaching departments of universities.
- Additional areas of work are usually offered in fields of translation, public relations, human resources, banking, finance and tourism.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In order to prepare the educators described in the vision, knowledge- and experience-based model— the University Within School— will be implemented.
- The implementation of this model requires an academic partnership between MEF University Faculty of Education and MEF K-12 schools. The language of instruction in all MEF institutions is English.
- This partnership requires collaboration between faculty members, K-12 educators, and prospective teachers for investigation of educational problems; guided practice of the prospective educators; professional development of K-12 teachers and university faculty; and, more importantly, support for the achievement of K-12 students.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies View 20 other Masters in Language Studies in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of the identity information page of their passport
- Passport style (portrait) photograph
- High school diploma (if available)
- High school transcript
- Any recognized high school exit/university entrance examination score result, if available
- Proof of English proficiency, if available
- Statement of motivation
International7025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7025 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.