Mathematics is the key to the sciences, a vital skill for business, and a fascinating subject of study in itself. Our mathematics courses are highly flexible to reflect the wide range of topics and areas of interest the subject encompasses. From climate science to financial forecasting, mathematics has applications everywhere.
Modules are available in topics as diverse as quantum mechanics, evolutionary modelling, coding theory, and numerical analysis. You can specialise in a particular area of mathematics according to your interests and aspirations, or retain a broad set of interests and explore several different areas.
A Mathematics course from University of Leeds can take you down many career paths into some of the highest paid and most satisfying roles in employment. University of Leeds students are among the top 5 most targeted by top employers according to The Graduate Market 2021, High Fliers Research.
Recent graduates from the School of Mathematics have secured positions at organisations including:
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Marks and Spencer
- Morgan Stanley
- Ministry of Defence
In virtually all areas of life, mathematical skills are highly valued. The numerical, analytical and problem solving skills you will develop, as well as your specialist subject knowledge and your ability to think logically, are highly valued across sectors, including financial services, IT, software design, data analysis, engineering, and teaching. This course also allows you to develop the transferable skills that employers seek.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Number Systems
- Sets, Sequences and Series
- Probability and Statistics
- Interest Rates and Cashflow Modelling
- Real Analysis
- Groups and Vector Spaces
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Actuarial Science View 268 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level: AAA/A*AB including Grade A in Mathematics
- AAA/A*AB where the first grade quoted is Mathematics, AAB/A*BB including Further Mathematics and where the first grade quoted is Mathematics, or AAB/A*BB where the first grade quoted is in Mathematics plus A in AS Further Mathematics.
- Where an A-Level Science subject is taken, we require a pass in the practical science element, alongside the achievement of the A-Level at the stated grade.
- Excludes A-Level General Studies or Critical Thinking.
- GCSE: You must also have GCSE English at grade C (4) or above (or equivalent).
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.