- Our courses are shaped by our world-leading research in areas such as chemical biology, atmospheric chemistry, materials science and colour science.
- There are lots of opportunities for you to work alongside our academics and get involved in the research happening in the School.
- During your project work you will access specialist facilities and laboratories.
- Our theoretical modules are supported by extensive practical sessions in the laboratory, allowing you to perform experiments that reinforce the material taught to you in the lectures.
- Small tutorial groups are used to support the teaching, so you get regular feedback from the academic staff helping you solve any problems that you might have with a particular topic.
A Medicinal Chemistry course from University of Leeds and the experience you'll gain here will give you the edge to find the career you want. Your course will give you the experience and knowledge that employers are looking for to help you secure a graduate job.
Our Chemistry graduates have expert understanding of inorganic, organic and physical chemistry and are experienced researchers. With the ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences they are equipped for a wide variety of careers both in and beyond science.
Examples of recent graduate destinations include:
- Lhasa Ltd
- Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Goldman Sachs International
- Cancer Research UK
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemistry: Bonding and Behaviour
- Chemistry: Energy, Structure and Transformation
- Chemistry: The Interdisciplinary Science
- Practical, Professional and Research Skills for Chemists
- Engineering Physics
- Mathematics for Chemists
- Science & Society: An Ethical View
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Human Medicine Biochemistry View 509 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level: AAB including Chemistry.
- Where an A-Level Science subject is taken, we require a pass in the practical science element, alongside the achievement of the A-Level at the stated grade.
- Excludes A-Level General Studies or Critical Thinking.
- Extended Project Qualification - We recognise the value, effort and enthusiasm applicants make in the Extended Project, and where an applicant offers an A in the EPQ we may make an offer of ABB at A-Level.
- GCSE: English Language grade C (4), or an equivalent English language qualification, and Mathematics grade B (6).
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.