The Accounting and Finance program of Addis Ababa University constitutes of modules and courses that are carefully designed to transform the conventional academic incoherence approach to competence based teaching/learning approach behind the modularization.
General Objectives of the program
The program of Accounting and Finance plans to meet the University’s mission of instilling into present and future leaders the knowledge and relevant skills of accounting, auditing and finance through student–centered high quality, viable programs which are fully recognized internationally and by both the private and public institutions in Ethiopia. Hence, the Department seeks to sustain its growth and relevance through:• A highly educated and motivated faculty and viable programs which have local relevance and are fully recognized internationally;
- A highly educated and motivated faculty and viable programs which have local relevance and are fully recognized internationally;
- Relevant curriculum and a conducive learning environment with full access to new technologies and computer-mediated learning;
- An abundant level of intellectual capital created through scholarly activities;
- Research that meets the needs of the local and international business and academic communities;
- A fully integrated international perspective;
- A full understanding of employer needs obtained through constant monitoring of the business environment through linkage programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Basics of Accounting and Reporting
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Cost and Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Project and Investment Analysis
- Auditing and Assurance Services
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
An applicant who has successfully completed preparatory high school must satisfy the following criteria for consideration for the Distance Learning Undergraduate Program. The University may limit how many years back it will go in accepting an EHEEE score.
- meet the EHEEE score cut‐off point set by the Ministry of Education for eligibility to join a tertiary education institution
- produce the original and copy of the EHEEE (12th grade) score card
- original and copy of ESLCE (10th grade) score card
- transcript for preparatory high school
- properly complete the application form
- present proof of payment of the required fee
- Former ESLCE exam results are not considered for admission
International50 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50 USD per credit during 36 months.
National42 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Addis Ababa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.