Psychology is the multifaceted scientific study of human behavior and mental processes.
The mission of the Psychology program at The American University in Cairo is to provide undergraduate students with a solid grounding in the theory, methodology, and core content areas of contemporary psychology by involving them in experiential learning, community engagement, and scientific research. This foundation of knowledge is enriched by incorporation of cultural diversity, local context, and interdisciplinary perspectives. The program will prepare students wishing to continue further studies leading to a professional career in psychology.
Students who intend to seek the Psychology degree must have taken PSYC 1000 and have obtained a grade of “B” or higher. In addition, students must have successfully taken or be currently enrolled in PSYC 2000. Admission is competitive. A combination of discipline-relevant factors, including performance in PSYC 1000 and PSYC 2000 , GPA and evidence of commitment to the field of psychology will be used to determine eligibility.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Life Sciences
- Introductory Biology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Psychological Statistics
- Research Methods for Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Lifespan Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Holders of the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma will be considered for admission provided that they have completed their diploma requirements and meet the admissions scores for the applied semester.
- The University grants up to 30 transfer credits for the IB diploma as follows: transfer credits for higher level academic subjects with grades of 5, 6 or 7 (out of 7). In addition, up to 15 credits of lower-division general elective transfer credits for the completion of the IB diploma with minimum total points of 30.
- Applicants are required to submit a proof of English proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) at the early stage of the admissions cycle
International735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 48 months.
National647 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 647 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.