It involves the application of engineering principles and design concepts to solve problems in medicine and biology – a convergence of life sciences with engineering. Biomedical engineers are key players in the development, design, and continuing refinement of devices such as joint replacement prosthesis, micro sensors, imaging and pattern recognition, as well as advanced instruments for use in such domains as minimally invasive surgery and movement disorders.The Biomedical Engineering program is offered at University of Malaya.
- Biomedical Engineer
- Biomedical Equipment Engineer
- Medical Science Officer
For more information, please visit the program website.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 13 other Bachelors in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the grade 80% and above or
- A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
- Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selection programme before being accepted by the respective faculty.
International5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 48 months.
National1984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1984 USD per year during 48 months.
- Local: RM8,190.00 - RM9,530.00
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.