Meanwhile, our society faces a broad range of challenges in terms of both food and fuel security. All these research areas and more can be studied in our undergraduate degree program in biological sciences.
At the University of Tsukuba, we offer an undergraduate degree program in Biology , aimed at students which hold a non-Japanese passport. Our 4-year program starts at a basic level, learning foundational subjects in biology, chemistry, and physics. In the second and third year, students can choose from a wide variety of courses, allowing you to explore new areas, or to specialize in one particular subject.
In their final year, students will join a research lab and complete a 1-year research project. In your project, you will conduct cutting edge research, supervised by experts in the subject.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In addition to major subjects, students are encouraged to take up to 1/3 of their credits in other subjects, as elective courses. You will also take a range of transferable skills classes, which will teach you important skills, such as data analysis, presentation skills, and technical writing. These skills are important both in scientific and non-scientific fields and help improve graduate employability.
- Our program has a broad focus, with subjects ranging from genetics and cell biology, through developmental biology, animal and plant biodiversity, biochemistry, ecology, and evolutionary biology. Please note, our program has a strong focus on the basic biology of non-human animals and plants.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduates programs use a two-stage screening method.
- The first stage is a paper based screening, where applicants are required to submit their application, academic transcript, academic recommendation letter, personal statement, and financial plan.
- The second stage is a brief interview via teleconferencing. The interview will comprise a mix of general and subject specific questions.
International4103 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4103 EUR per year during 48 months.
National4103 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4103 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tsukuba
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.