Concentrations of the Urban Studies program at The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Urban Planning and Design: Students choosing this concentration learn how to enhance, conserve and develop the built environment through urban planning and design.
- Urban Environment: Urban environment invokes big questions at the urban scale and is deeply interrelated with urban and building design, material flow, resource consumption, transport network, land use allocations, utilization of spaces and so on.
- Urban Policy and Governance: This concentration is for students who desire to understand and address social, institutional and political problems confronting cities today.
- Smart Sustainability Cities: The concentration on “Smart Sustainable Cities” is a new transdisciplinary area jointly offered by the Department of Geography and Resource Management and the Urban Studies Programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Urban Design Studio
- Urban Planning Workshop
- The Cultures of Cities
- Land & City
- Public Policy Analysis
- Introduction to GIS
- Urban Geography
- Tourism Planning and Management
- Urban Sociology
- Essentials of Urban Planning
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Urban Planning View 3 other Bachelors in Architecture in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants who possess a qualification that qualifies them for university admissions in the country/region where such qualification is obtained may apply admissions to the Programme. Applicants shall also have attained an acceptable level of language proficiency.
- An interview with the applicant putting the Programme as their Band A choice may be conducted (on a selective basis), normally before the announcement of the HKDSE results. Bonus mark will be given to the interviewees with good performance.
International18679 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18679 USD per year during 48 months.
National5425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5425 USD per year during 48 months.
- National: 42,100 HKD per year
- International: 145,000 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.