The Social Work programme is offered atThe Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Aim of the department
We aim to provide quality professional and academic training in social work, to develop knowledge related to social welfare and social work, and to contribute to the social development of Hong Kong. In the undergraduate programme, the Department prepares students to be professionally competent social workers who are committed to the welfare of their clients and to social justice. In the postgraduate programmes, the Department provides advanced training for the development of those who wish to become professional and academic leaders in the social welfare field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Student-orientated Teaching
- Philosophy and Principles of Social Work
- Human Behaviour and the Social Environment
- Mental Disorders
- Social Casework
- Social Group Work
- Community Work
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work View 8 other Bachelors in Social Work in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants shall possess any of the following qualifications:
GCE-AL/International-AL/ IB/ Other high school qualifications
- GCE-AL/International-AL (passes 3AL/ 2AL+2AS in one sitting)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- A recognised non-local qualification which qualifies them for admission to a university in the country/region where such qualification is originated (e.g. high school diploma plus SAT in USA, UEC/ STPM in Malaysia, ATAR in Australia, OSSD in Canada, GSAT in Taiwan)
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate study at a recognised university
- Completed at least one year of study leading to the qualification of associate degree/higher diploma or its equivalent
International18685 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18685 USD per year during 48 months.
National5425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5425 USD per year during 48 months.
- National: 42,100 HKD per year
- International: 145,000 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.