The degree of Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences and Medicine (Chinese Medicine) is one of the two degrees that will be awarded to students upon successful completion of a 5-year double-degree programme in biomedical sciences and Chinese medicine.
The B.Sc. in Biomedical Sciences will be awarded by Nanyang Technological University while the Bachelor of Medicine (Major in Chinese Medicine) will be awarded by the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, People’s Republic of China.
The period of study for the degree of Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences at NTU is three academic years after which the student will proceed to BUCM for their 4th and 5th years.
Double Degree graduates will be well-positioned to consider careers in both the general Life Sciences and specialized TCM fields. Possible career areas include:
- TCM clinical practice (subject to passing the relevant licensing examination)
- Biomedical and Healthcare e.g. clinical researchers, healthcare support staff, diagnostics
- TCM Research and Development e.g. clinical research, product development
- Biomedical Research & Development e.g. staff scientists in Research Institutes, Multinational pharmaceutical companies, Universities
- Management e.g. managers and administrators in Life Science/TCM-related ventures, financial institutions, statutory boards, investment companies
- Education e.g. teachers, instructors, lecturers from primary to tertiary level
- Life Sciences/TCM support network e.g. sales representatives, service engineers, product specialists, providers of critical support and supplies to researchers
- Media & publishing e.g. scientific journalism, public education/awareness
- Law e.g. patent and intellectual property law related to scientific discoveries
- Safety & Quality Control e.g. safety officers, highly analytical quality control officers
- Introductory Biology
- Organic Chemistry
- Ancient Chinese
- Biology and Society
- Absolute Basics for Career
- Principles of Genetics
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Bioinformatics and Statistics
- Basics of Diagnostics
- Internal Medicine of TCM
- Orthopaedics, Traumatology of TCM
- Ophthalmology of TCM
- Otolaryngology of TCM
- Selected Literature in TCM
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 7 other Bachelors in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Singapore
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
GCE ‘A’ level
- H2 level pass in Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry/Biology. Pass in Physics at ‘O’ Level is only applicable to applicants who have not read Physics at H2 Level. Students with exemplary academic records may be granted course exemptions.
Local polytechnic diploma
- Polytechnic graduates with relevant diplomas in engineering will be considered for direct entry into second year. Students with exemplary academic records may be granted course exemptions.
International Baccalaureate (IB) / NUS High School diploma
- Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry/Biology at Higher level. Pass in Physics at Standard Level is only applicable to applicants who have not read Physics at Higher Level.
International13238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per year during 60 months.
National6184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6184 USD per year during 60 months.
- 8,200 S$ National
- 17,550 S$ International
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.