As a Life Sciences graduate from the School of Biological Sciences, Biological Sciences with Food Science and Technology program offered by Nanyang Technological University, you will have a good set of career options ahead of you.
For those seeking out a career as a medical doctor, veterinarian or research scientist, among others are popular routes of our graduates.
In the public sector, life science graduates are well sought after in hospitals, research institutes, government agencies and forensic departments.
Commercial sectors that actively seek out graduates from the life sciences include the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, water and agriculture industries for roles such as process engineers, biotechnologist, QA specialist and clinical researcher.
There is also demand for life science graduates to contribute to the public understanding of science as journalist, scientific writers and information/liaison officers.
Financial and legal sectors also require analysts with life science knowledge for risk assessments, patents for molecular biology and biotechnology used for drug and medical applications.
A postgraduate qualification with NIE for entry into the teaching profession is also an option.
For those with an entrepreneurial spirit, the broad range of electives to choose from will endow our graduates with the necessary skills and tools to start their own business.
The opportunities for undergraduates in general, include careers outside of biology where transferable skills taught in the degree programme will be of benefit in management, financial sector and human resources.
- Introductory Biology
- Biophysical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Absolute Basics for Career
- Principles of Genetics
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Bioinformatics and Statistics
- Molecular and Cell Biology Techniques Level
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
GCE ‘A’ level
- H2 level pass in Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry/Biology. Pass in Physics at ‘O’ Level is only applicable to applicants who have not read Physics at H2 Level. Students with exemplary academic records may be granted course exemptions.
Local polytechnic diploma
- Polytechnic graduates with relevant diplomas in engineering will be considered for direct entry into second year. Students with exemplary academic records may be granted course exemptions.
International Baccalaureate (IB) / NUS High School diploma
- Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry/Biology at Higher level. Pass in Physics at Standard Level is only applicable to applicants who have not read Physics at Higher Level.
International13235 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13235 USD per year during 48 months.
National6184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6184 USD per year during 48 months.
- 8,200 S$ national
- 17,550 S$ International
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.