- Starting in August 2008, the Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree in Maritime Studies with Business Major at Nanyang Technological University is offered jointly by the School of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Nanyang Business School. These programmes are targeted for suitable candidates with GCE A-levels, IB, and diploma holders who have relevant qualifications.
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Specialization in International Trading Programme
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with a Second Major in Business and Specialization in International Trading Programme
- With effect from August 2015, International Trading will be offered to the Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree in Maritime Studies, and Bachelor of Science (Hon) degree with Second Major in Business as an additional specialization. It is jointly offered by the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Nanyang Business School. This programme will allow graduate to enhance competitive advantage for career opportunities in the Industries of International Trading.
- Introduction to Maritime Industry
- Fundamentals of Business Law
- Introduction to Meteorology and Oceanography
- Maritime Technology
- Shipping Economics
- Organisation of a Ship Owning Entity
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In addition to the general admission requirements set by NTU, applicants need the following minimum subject requirements:
- GCE ‘A’ Level Certificate H1 Level pass in Mathematics or ‘O’ Level or equivalent pass in Addition Mathematics; and H1 or 'O' level pass in a Science subject.
- International Baccalaureate: Mathematics at Standard Level and Physics/Chemistry/Biology at Standard Level.
- Applicants with NUSHS qualification or relevant diplomas from local polytechnics can also apply to the programme.
- International students must have completed at least 12 years of general education or will be taking Year 12 national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission.
International13228 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13228 USD per year during 48 months.
National6180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6180 USD per year during 48 months.
- 8,200 S$ national
- 17,550 S$ International
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.