The Computer Science (Software Development) offered at the Swinburne University of Technology course is oriented towards applications in areas such as defence, aerospace and medicine, where complex software plays a major role and often of a safety-critical nature; as well as in businesses that require extensive computer support, such as banking and manufacturing.
Selected major: Software Development
Learn how to architect big systems, write phone and tablet apps and produce software that is better than industry standard. Then scale your applications up to the cloud for hacker-proof, robust and reliable software applications.
Graduates typically find employment in organisations engaged in medium- to large-scale software development. Initially graduates are usually employed in technical areas such as programming and systems analysis and design, internet systems development. They are well-prepared for progression into project leadership and management positions as their experience develops.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- User-centred Design
- Object Oriented Programming
- Development Project - Tools And Practices
- Data Structures and Patterns
- Software Development for Mobile Devices
- Creating Secure and Scalable Software
- Software Testing and Reliability
- IoT Programming
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 139 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 088400A
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent, such as an interstate or international Year 12 qualification
- completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification (including diplomas, advanced diplomas, associate degrees and degrees).
- VCE Units 3 and 4 – a minimum study score of 25 in any English (except EAL) or 30 in English as an Additional Language (EAL) or equivalent. For applicants of the 2021 Early Entry Program, a minimum study score of 20 in any English or 25 in English as an Additional Language (EAL) or equivalent.
- VCE Units 1 and 2 - satisfactory completion in two units (any study combination) of any Mathematics or equivalent.
International31600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31600 AUD per year during 36 months.
National7950 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7950 AUD per year during 36 months.
National fee is Commonwealth supported
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.