Its principle objective is to offer theoretical and practical training that allows students to successfully deal with all those professions that are directed at leadership, management, coordination and analysis in the framework of international society, its organisms, and its institutions.
The general objectives of the International Relations program of Rey Juan Carlos University are:
- To explain and analyze the characteristics, agents, and principle assumptions of international relations.
- To offer students specialized training as well as complete and multidisciplinary knowledge of the different spheres that make up the international society, with its organizations and its main figures.
- To prepare students so that they are capable of autonomously carrying out the analysis of international reality and its institutions.
- To train students so that they can be excellent professionals in the different fields and organizations that make up the international society.
- To offer students multidisciplinary training that allows them to comprehend the complexity and dynamic character of current international relations and its evolution.
- To get students to comprehend the functions and jurisdictions of States and of international organizations, as well as the role and relationships of other groups in the international context.
- To spread democratic values and respect for human rights from the perspective of international relations, security, and peace. Different subject matter in the study plan offers students the necessary content and tools to understand the evolution and current framework of international institutions, the relationships between nations, and the importance of the expansion of democracy and of human rights protection systems.
- To enable students so that they can access further specialized and post-graduate study programs.
Where will I be qualified to work upon graduation?The Degree in International Relations at Rey Juan Carlos University offers the student the necessary skills to work in diverse professions:
- Diplomatic career
- Civil Servant for the European Union Administration and other international organizations
- Civil Servant in relations agencies and the foreign trade of City Halls and Regional Governments
- Civil Servant in national organisms devoted to international cooperation
- Professor in social science areas in Secondary Education and University Studies
- Leadership and management of international areas in multinationals
- Journalist specialized in international relations
- Journalist specialized in international conflicts. War correspondent
- Expert in communication in the sphere of international organizations
- Analyst in international studies and aspects of security and defense
- Analyst in intelligence and State information services
- Consultant in international organisms and institutions
- Leadership and management in intergovernmental organisms
- Management of NGOs
- Technician of international cooperation programs
- Manager of international projects and programs
- Other branches of international cooperation
- Technician of international voluntary work
- International Relations Theory and Fundamental Principles
- Human Geography, Economics and Politics
- New Technologies in International Relations
- History of International Relations
- History of the Modern World and Social Movements
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law International Business View 13 other Bachelors in International Law in Spain
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Rey Juan Carlos University and/or in Spain, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Access to official degrees requires holding a high school diploma or equivalent and passing the exam referred to in Article 42 of the Organic Law 6/2001 of Universities, modified in the Law 4/2007 (12 April), taking into account other mechanisms of access foreseen in existing regulations.
- DNI, NIE or Passport
- Accreditation with Baccalaureate Modality issued by UNED
- If applicable, Voluntary Phase card / s: With secure verification code or electronic signature. Failing that, with the stamp and signature of the issuing body
International8160 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 136 EUR per credit during 48 months.
National1260 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21 EUR per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Madrid
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Bachelor's scholarship opportunities for International Relations.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.