Be equipped with the skills to diagnose, treat, and prevent disease in a wide range of companion, production, aquatic, and native animals. You will gain in-depth foundational knowledge throughout your degree, as well as specialist rural and tropical veterinary science skills.
Take advantage of JCU’s real-world teaching settings, including an on-campus Veterinary and Emergency Centre and Hospital and a local working cattle station for livestock production. In your final two years, you will complete a variety of clinical placements in both rural and urban settings.
- Graduates of the Veterinary Science degree from James Cook University are internationally recognised as multi-skilled, highly-competent professionals who are committed to the health and welfare of animals. Our degree allows you to practice as a veterinarian in Australia.
- Our graduates practise in a variety of settings. These include veterinary clinics, veterinary hospitals, agriculture, biosecurity, quarantine, public health, zoos and wildlife sanctuaries. Many pursue research in clinical care, animal science, pharmacology and biomedicine.
- You may also be eligible to practise in New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
This course is accredited by the Australasian Veterinary Boards Council (AVBC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Veterinary Science
- Cell Biology and Biochemistry for Veterinary Science and Agriculture
- Plants and Animals for Veterinary Science
- Chemistry: A Central Science
- Veterinary Science
- Integrated Animal Structure and Function
- Transitions from Health to Disease
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine View 14 other Bachelors in Veterinary Medicine in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 063658C
- English, Mathematical Methods, Chemistry (Units 3/4,C); or equivalent
- Recommended Knowledge: Biology (Units 3/4,C)
International10250 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10250 AUD per year during 60 months.
National10250 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10250 AUD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Townsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.