The Game Design and Project Management programme Game Design and Project Management at Uppsala University provides skills in developing games for commercial production, as well as a deeper understanding of how games work and how they affect us.
The programme mixes practical game development and theoretical courses within game design and a minor subject of your own choice. Throughout the programme we explore theories and methods in game design, game development and game analysis. Game developers need good communicative skills both to communicate with their team and to shape the experience that the game will provide. To reflect this, the programme provides training in expression through text, imagery and games, as well as verbal communication.
One of the programme’s strengths is its well-established contact with the game industry. This is why graduates of the programme make up an especially useful network. Through yearly recurring events, notable individuals from the international game industry, former students and academics are invited to judge student projects and share their experience.
This provides an excellent opportunity for you to build your own contact network for the career ahead of you.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Game Design
- Projects and Leadership
- Game Design – Game Development
- Project Management with Agile Methods
- Product Development for Games
- Game Production : Arcade Games
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management User Experience Design Video Games & Animation View 5 other Bachelors in User Experience Design in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- General entry requirements for first-cycle (Bachelor's level) studies in Sweden. Also required is intermediate level mathematics (equivalent of Swedish course Mathematics 2a/2b/2c).
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
- Students are selected based on: their completed upper secondary (high school) grades (67%); Swedish Scholastic Aptitude Test (33%)
International10479 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31438 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 55,000
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 330,000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.