Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
To encourage excellence in areas of performance including sport, culture, music and the arts, these scholarships are available to academically-able students with demonstrated high-level ability in their chosen area of performance.
- Standard value of NZ$6,000.
- Standard tenure is one year.
- If applicable and called on to do so, recipients of the University of Otago Callis Trust Performance Entrance Scholarships shall engage with the relevant University of Otago sporting club and give due consideration to playing for that club in preference to any other. Recipients will also normally represent Otago or its equivalent, in preference to any other region.
- Are New Zealand citizens, New Zealand permanent residents, Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents with domestic fee status;
- International students who have completed Year 12 and have completed or are in the process of completing Year 13 at a New Zealand school, or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution.
- Are intending to enroll or have enrolled for the first time for first-year (100-level papers), full-time degree-level, undergraduate study at the University of Otago.
- Those who have studied more than 0.4 EFTs at any University or tertiary institution at degree-level or higher are not normally eligible.
- Exceptions to 0.4 EFTS or less are considered when all previous University or tertiary level study has been undertaken whilst concurrently enrolled at secondary school.
- Be performing at an elite level for their chosen sport or cultural discipline.
- Have achieved NCEA Level 2 endorsed with merit, or equivalent.
Study experience required
Application are open.